FUN HOUSE

Carlos and I moved in together about two years ago and when we moved in our apartment we only had a bed and our kitchen basics. That's right no dining room, no living room. I wanted to share some tips for those who are planning on moving in to their first home or a new home or apartment.

One of my main tips is to make a list of the rooms in the new house or apartment and what the function of each will be. That will help you decide what each room will need. Also try focus on the 'big furniture' buy a sofa you love or the perfect dining room that's ideal for your space, that makes it easier to accessorize. Visit thrift stores; just because it's 'thrifted' doesn't mean it can't be pretty. Now days you can find endless D.I.Y projects online, it's a great way to have something unique in your home without having to spend hundreds of dollars {I love shopping for bookshelf or coffee table decor}. If you are planning to have a guest bedroom a great way to not have to spend thousands on a bed you will rarely use in either buy a futon or buy a base and mattresses from inexpensive stores like Big Lots! and make your own headboard {D.I.Y coming soon}


Something I really love is a house or apartment with white or light color walls, don't get me wrong I love a bold colored wall {so does my mom} but I think with light, neutral walls it's easier to change up the feel in any room without having to bring out paint and rollers.
Adding colorful touches is a easy and inexpensive way to really showcase your style

View some inspiration pictures below.
all pictures from houzz.com



I love the fun, colorful and printed accent pillows.
I love the touch of pink in the back of the built-ins

Colorful quilts can be found in garage sales or thrift stores.

Like I said no need to match your furniture.









XO,

0 comments:

Post a Comment