Naked Three: First Look ♡ Twenty Thirteen


As if getting a package here at school isn't exciting enough, today I was especially lucky because my Naked 3 Palette finally arrived! This post is a first impressions sort of deal since I haven't been able to use this baby just yet, but from the looks of it so far, I am already in love.

The outer box (above) give a nice peek as to whats inside, with swatching of every shade and a nice description on the back. This palette comes with 4 samples of 4 different kinds of Urban Decay Primer Potion and a double ended eye brush (one side is fluffy, and the other is flat!)


The packaging of this palette is a whole lot like Naked 2, but has some interesting waves within the metal that poke out through the text. I have to say, I do like the color scheme of the metal case, but I'm not a huge fan of the waves and italicized three. Nevertheless, it's quite different and still very pretty- but not something I would market for the third installment of this palette series (although, who am I to say anything really?! It's still pretty.)


Just another angle of the waves. I really like the embossed gold text though- it makes it look a little more expensive & high end (reminiscent of YSL packaging).

And now, the moment of truth....


My flash on my Rebel was totally not having it, so this photo (above) along with the rest are no-flash pictures, but they still captured the glittery essence of these gorgeous shades! I actually really love that this palette is a lot more shimmery than Naked 2, and brings back a little more gold/ warm glitter from the original Naked. These colors are all extremely pink toned, which is a huge contrast to the cool tones of Naked 2 as well! So far, so good..

Some close ups:




And now some swatches; fair warning- the colors are a whole lot more gorgeous than these quick swatches I did (I'll do a more in depth review on the colors when I start really using it!)


And last but not least, just to do a little compare and contrast- I found that a few shades from each palette are quite similar- but all together,  they are all actually really individual and pretty unique!



So far I'm really liking this palette and I can't wait to start using it---- yaaaaay.

"As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words"
[Two Gentlemen of Verona 2.7]

Cheers! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment