A FASHIONISTAS HOME | FRAMING FASHION

 
 
I am slowly but surely decorating our apartment. I never really wanted to rush, I am still buying knick-knacks for our custom made 8-ft bookshelf for our living room (and by custom made I mean my Dad made it for us) When I saw the episode from "Ten Things that Make Me Smile" on Bravo I really liked what Jonathan Adler said about how one should decorate their home with things they love, and not making it about your neighbors! I may not have a coffee table in my living room so what? We don't need it and if you don't need it? Why buy it?

I have been a huge fan of Nate Berkus since day one. I'm actually a little sad he will no longer air!
But one of the first things I learned was that fashion and interior design go hand in hand. Sometimes we may not be bold enough to rock the latest trends why rock it in your home.


I (and Carlos) consider myself a magazine hoarder! Every time I buy a new magazine he asks me what I'm going to do with the ones I have at home. (he suggests a Yard Sale!) So one day I decided to go through my plastic bin where I store all my magazines and tear all that caught my eye.


Now days we don't need to use picture frames to display our favorite memories. A simple frame can go a long way you can frame your favorite wrapping paper, fabric, shopping bags or vintage portraits you may find in a flea market or thrift stores.


So what did I do with my magazines? I took a trip to my local Just $1.00 store and bought 6- 8 x 10 frames. I took my favorite designer ads that stood out like Prada, Celine, Louis Vuitton framed and hung them up! And just like that and for only $6.00 +TAX I killed two birds with one stone I got rid of magazines I no longer need and added unique, inexpensive but very chic decor to our living room!


XO,


0 comments:

Post a Comment